Friday 19 November 2010

Research and Reflection on Social Media in relation to my project

After a great lecture by a visiting tutor about the importance of the digital age I thought it was important to look back at print media.  In my opinion I think there should be a steady effort to ensure that print media does not continue to decline as I believe that it brings a lot to society.  There will always be those who favour the magazine over the online version or even now the Apple Application but instead of replacing the tactile copies I think brand should make more of a conscious effort to link between the both so that they compliment each other not replace.   Lots of magazine and newspapers have been forced to close so this is why I feel that I must produce a tactile version.



We also have to analyse the methods of communication that people are using to advertise and display our products.  It is now extremely possible in this day and age to meet a stranger and find out that you have mutual associates.  Methods such as Twitter, Facebook and other sites such as these are being increasingly used by PR's and advertisers to communicate their products and it is a very successful way.  Firstly using these sites are free and incredibly easy to use and control.  Due to this social media culture I will look at how I can use it to my advantage by using these portals to launch my magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment